Monday, October 13, 2014

Implications and Teaching Opportunities for Camera Use in Teaching and Learning


Part A
I know that 87% of people say that their phone never leaves their side. I know a lot of people will think that is not a good thing. When I think about that much percent is attached to their phone, it makes me think about my future students. I know that it means most of my students will have smart phone. I know that their can be a lot of distractions with phones like games, but also this technology we think may be a problem can also be a good thing. Smart phones can also have a lot of learning project possible ideas for a teacher.

It is my job to make sure that these smart phones are use in a productive way. An example of this in my classroom would be that, I can use twitter for my class to make quiz questions or for like a bell ringer. I could also use Facebook as a tool for a poll on what they think the correct answer is. This are both two different things that I could use. I know teachers that use both in their classroom right now, and it works out really well for them.

Part B
I know that by using the smart phones that students have, is using this tool that the school system did not have to pay for. A lot of students parents have given them a smart phone, and it is like carrying around a small computer. They can do almost anything on it, that they could with a computer. These cameras that are in the smart phones can come into use during class on many occasions. They could either video the lecture of you talking, take pictures of their homework assignments, and also record their self or each other to know how they need to make changes to a presentation. They could use different applications and websites to learn all about the lesson you are teaching. I feel like that the list could go on, and I could implement any kind of technology in my lesson plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment