Wednesday, September 17, 2014

8 Search Engines

1. Wolfram
I saw where you can generate any math problems, which is good if you are a teacher or a student. This one even lets you search to compare and contrast things. I saw where I clicked random, and it compared home health in the US vs. Uk. I think it is awesome that just in a couple clicks I can find out things like that. 2.Dog Pile
This website is really good to use when you need to find any pictures or videos. I could see my self using this website a lot with all the pictures I post on my blog posts.

3.ERIC
This website is used to find any collection of articles and online materials that are provided for you. This website is very easy to navigate, and I know if I need to find a certain article it would be a good place to look for it.

4.iSeek
I like how this website is targeted for students, teachers, caregivers and administrators. That means that basically anything I need as an educator I can search here on this website for it. Things that are targeted to my major pull me to want to use them more than any of the other search engines.
5.Socialmention
This is where you can find out anything that is trending through the web. I saw news articles, and I also saw things that had been posted on different forms of social media.
6.Topsy
This is a social media site. This helps you find anything on Twitter or any other social media source that you may need to find people or things that have been posted. I think this website would help me find people that I have the same interest with. When people post something on twitter it is mainly about what they like or about their jobs. It may be that I find someone who can help with what I may be trying to teach to my class one day.
7.Boardreader
This search engine has it all. On this one I can search for Movies, News, Press Release, Articles, Projects, and Topics. I feel like this one is the one that has a more broad range of things you can search. This would probably be one of the ones I would use the most.
8.ixquick
This is the worlds most private search engine. On this website you can find picture sources and places to watch videos. I think that if you do not want everyone to know what websites you have been going to, then it would be an awesome website engine to use for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment