Monday, September 22, 2014

Blog Post 5

PLN's what are they? How can they help me as a Teacher?


Before reading about the personal learning network, I had never heard of them. I believe that these will help me be able to put all my websites together, which I can make that my homepage. I think who ever invented this had an awesome idea. I am actually disappointed I did not know about this until I read about it and watched videos of people explaining their use of one. On my personal learning network I can put any social media networks, search engines, and even use it for storing information I have found that I need to go back and look at.

I have decided that I am going to use Symbaloo for mine. I think that it would be a good fit for me, and I can set it as my homepage for my internet. I am all about learning new things that will be very helpful, to make things easier and quicker for you to find things. I believe doing this I will not be looking everywhere for my websites that I normally use for things.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Carissa! I like your ideas of how you will organize your PLN and use it as a teacher. Don't forget that the PLN also includes people. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tool is not the PLN. A PLN is a collection of people (especially people) and tools which can help you as an educator and as a learner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julie! Also, Dr. Strange thank you, I know I can always look into talking with other teachers who will be teaching History, how to make my class better and make my kids have fun with the class. Since a lot of kids act like History should not be a big part of school classes because they think it's boring!

    ReplyDelete