Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Who am I? Why do I want to be an Educator? What does an Educator have to do in his or her practice? What are my Passions?

I am Carissa Watford, and I am from the small little town of Slocomb, Alabama. Most people either do not know where that is or they say oh the Tomato Capital, because Tomatoes are what we are known for. I attended Slocomb High School and graduated in May of 2011.My Hobbies include spending time with friends and family, competing in pageants, being a sister of Alpha Omicron Pi, supporting the Arthritis Research and Juvenile Arthritis, and volunteer with the Woodlands Scholarship Program, which is a scholarship Pageant in Alabama and in other states as well. I was a cheerleader and soccer player while in high school.My Family is a big part of my life. Being so close to them really tore me apart my Freshman year of college, because my parents moved to San Antonio, Texas which is now my second home. I was here at South Alabama attending school for two years, before returning home to help care for my grandfather who had alzheimer's disease. It was then when I realized how much family meant to me.

I chose the University of South Alabama for school after coming for a visit with my cousin who had accepted a scholarship to South Alabama. It was then that I knew where I would spend the next 4 years of my live to earn a degree, at the time which I thought would be nursing degree. I have sinse changed my major to Secondary Education in Social Science.I switched to Education because I thought it was the best fit for me. I would always tell my mom, I think I really need to be a teacher they just really do not make that much. I learned quickly it is not all about the money, it is about do you love your job and what you do for the rest of your life. I will always love teaching History to kids, because I think that history is a looked over subject sometimes. I believe that you should actually teach kids everything they need to know like my teachers in college did. It is that when we learn we do not need to let them just copy notes off the smart board, but yet learn as we go. I believe that yes dates are important, but not so important to keep up with every one of them for everything. I believe that you should cover everything and try not to step on anyones toes while doing so. It is my passion to make a difference in a child's life, because you may be there only person that pushes them to succeed in life. School could be the only place they feel loved meaning they do the best they can while there, and want to push harder because of who cares for them. I feel like you should push everyone to make sure they reach their goals they have set.

Outline:
•Hometown
•School
•Family
•Hobbies

•Why I Chose Education
•College
•How things should be taught
•Why I feel that teachers should care for their students more

2 comments:

  1. "I have sense changed my major …" since, not sense

    "I would always told my mom, I think I really need to be a teacher they just really do not make that much." Read this sentence. What is wrong with it? Rewrite.

    "I learned quick it is not…" quickly, not quick

    "...teaching History to kids, because I think that history…" Why does the capitalization of history vary?

    "I believe that you should actually teach kids everything they need to know like my teachers in college did." Everything? Wow!

    "I believe that you should cover everything and try not to step on anyones toes while doing so. " A difficult goal to achieve!

    "...because you may be there only person that pushes them to succeed in life." their, not there

    "School could be the only place they fill loved…" I think you mean feel, not fill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Strange I corrected everything and also I feel like if you are talking about history as a class then yes it would be capitalized. If I am wrong please correct me for it. Sorry about the mess up on words because I was typing a little fast since you said get it done as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete