Sunday, October 26, 2014

Blog Post #10

Little Kids...Big Potential
In this video the kids let us know how much they love blogging. The kids tell us how much it helps improve their work. As the kid at the beginning says, always say nice things, because you do not want to hurt anyones feelings. My mom has always told me basically the same thing, do not say anything if you cannot say anything nice. That is a good point for not only students, but for teachers as well. I am sure as a teacher, I will encounter something along those lines. When you are teaching kids you never know what will come out of their mouth when they are talking.


Interviewing with Mrs. Cassidy
I watched all three videos just like Dr. Strange had asked us to do. Mrs. Cassidy has been involved with technology for a while now, and she is even involved with her First Graders! We have learned that technology is very effective and is what our EDM 310 class is based on. I know that Mrs. Cassidy mentions many forms of technology in her interviews including: Blogging, Twitter, Skype, and SMARTboards. Blogging has became very powerful and exciting thing for kids. SMARTboards engage students, especially when you are doing active learning. The kids today love to get involved, and they love it even more if it has technology involved. When I entered this EDM 310 class, I had never blogged before. I have learned that I actually like it, and it helps me network with teachers, future teachers, students, and even people in the pageant world. It has helped my writing, and I hope it continues to get better. Mrs. Cassidy has done an outstanding job with her first grade students by introducing them to technology. The earlier they learn how to use technology is better for them, because technology is only going to get more advanced.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carissa! I can relate when you said you have never blogged before but have learned to like it. I was very skeptical at first! I agree that teaching children about technology early is a good thing because it will only get more advanced and just like Mrs. Cassidy said, "technology is not going away!"

    ReplyDelete