Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Blog Post #7

How do we all become learners?


!. I feel like that I am learning more everyday so that I can be prepared to teach my students how to use all this technology. My strengths are: I catch on easily, patience with people, and I love teaching new things. My Weakness are: I get stressed out with things needing to be done, procrastination, and getting distracted by having ADD. Over the next couple years have to accept the fact that classes will be more technology based. I know that twitter can be used for quiz questions, bonus, or extra credit questions like a friend of mine does teaching history at Montevallo High School.


2. I learned from these videos that children learn early on how to use technology. I have also learned how easy it is for children to learn how to make QR notes, how to make poppets, how to make and share Board Building, and they know how to use iMovie for different things for class. As teachers you can create centers using these different things. This videos show you that kids learn way faster than any college students. I know we did not grow up with technologies that they have access to now days. Children are now always going to have to use technology in their classes as they grow up and in their personal lives.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carissa. I agree and also feel that I am learning more everyday about the uses of technology in the classroom! It's great that one of your strengths is catching on easily. That will definitely help with learning new technology as it comes. I enjoyed your post! I would suggest adding links to the videos your are talking about so that others reading will be able to watch and know what you are writing about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Over the next couple years have to accept the fact that classes will be more technology based." You need a subject for this sentence. You probably left out I.

    No links. No images.

    rather slim summaries of the videos. How many did you watch?

    ReplyDelete