Monday, October 13, 2014

Blog Post #8

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture

I thought that this video made me realize a lot. He is such an inspiration. He still will have an impact on students or anyone else who watches this video. I think by him rambling in the beginning of his lecture of his childhood dreams, helps makes everyone realize how many he accomplished, which I thought the Zero Gravity thing was pretty awesome to say you have done. I heard many things that stood out to me. The comment he made about being a teacher was what hit home. I have always been told this, Being a teacher is not for everyone. It will never be an easy job. It is that about the "brick walls are there, for us to prove how bad we want things." My mom has always told me something similar, "God puts us through things to make us want it even more."

I believe that the whole thing about the project he made his students do for two weeks, and telling them they were good but could be better helps students work better. I think that students do their best, but they always could use some criticizing to make their work better. I think that we future educators could use this in our future classrooms or even on our work in all of our classes. We are humans we make mistakes, and we are not meant to be stranded alone, we need people there to help us up when we fall. We need someone there to make us better always.

I believe that with him being an inspiration not only to me, but others as well it will help open our eyes on life. I know that he had a lot of people inspire him. If anyone feels the need to watch someone to maybe better their self or know someone else who needs to watch his video inspire them to watch it. I know that with this being his last lecture, he left an amazing last impression on people. I highly recommend this video to anyone. It will help you not to give up on your dreams, he has not given up on any of his dreams in the 47 years of his life. Do not let anyone crush your dreams, you make them want to see you fall, but you succeed and make them wish they were you.

2 comments:

  1. Carisssa,
    I agree with you. Randy was such an inspiration. I can tell from his lecture that he was an amazing teacher, and I am upset I did not get to take one of his classes! His students were so engaged, and enjoyed learning. I thought their projects were awesome, and I wish I knew how to do that! I felt that he gave a great example on why teachers should not restrict their students.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I thought that this video made me realize a lot." What does this mean?

    "He is such an inspiration." Who is he. He has not yet been identified by you.

    "I think by him rambling in the beginning of his lecture of his childhood dreams, helps makes everyone realize how many he accomplished, which I thought the Zero Gravity thing was pretty awesome to say you have done." Awkward. Poorly written. Rewrite.

    "I believe that the whole thing about the project he made his students do for two weeks, and telling them they were good but could be better helps students work better. I think that students do their best, but they always could use some criticizing to make their work better. " Both of these sentences are awkward. Rewrite.

    I think that we future educators could use this in our future classrooms or even on our work in all of our classes. We are humans we make mistakes, and we are not meant to be stranded alone, we need people there to help us up when we fall. We need someone there to make us better always." Poorly written. Awkward.

    Poorly written. I strongly recommend that you go to the Writing Lab. Show them this post. Let them help you learn to write better.



    ReplyDelete